For $70 or less*, Hawks and Viikingit players, friends and families are welcome to join us for our bus trip to the big apple! We will leave at 6 a.m. sharp on Monday, April 6 – don’t miss it! (The full agenda is below.)
* we are budgeting for and collecting $70 per person, but hope to have actual costs lower and will refund any difference.
To sign up: first, fill out this form – and then Venmo @Hawks-Finland $70 per person. Make sure to note “NYC Trip” in the comments. If you would rather pay by check, please email HawksFinland@gmail.com and we will make arrangements.
Bus loads at the Skatium in Havertown
1002 Darby Road
Havertown, PA 19083
Bus departs the Skatium!
Bus drop off Memorial Park near One World Trade Center
Fulton Street & Greenwich Street
9:50 to 10:00 a.m.
Walk to Brookfield Place Terminal Port
199 Vesey St, New York, NY 10281, Battery Park City
10 min walk
Arrive by 10 a.m. for boat tour
Anchors Away! Our Boat Tour begins!
Hop on board the CitySightseeing Ferry Tour to explore New York City and its famed waterways from the comfort of our contemporary ferry boat, complete with ample outdoor decks and a climate-controlled interior for those cooler days.
Our 90-minute tour is jam-packed with stunning views of the NYC skyline and the city’s most iconic landmarks!
Boat Tour concludes
We will depart the boat at Pier 78 (Hudson Park)
455 12th Ave, New York, NY 10018
Once off the boat, you have a few options:
- Option One: explore Vessel Shopping Center and outdoor art @ 20 Hudson Yards. Click here for tickets and more info. You can purchase tickets prior to the day’s trip, or try for free tickets that day (those tickets are first come first serve on-demand time slots.)
- Option Two: walk the famous “High Line” (a refurbished elevated train). The walk south takes you to the Standard hotel and Bier Garden at the end of your walk.
- Option Three: travel on to Times Square. Three travel options: 1) walk for Time Square (25 minutes) walk East on 40th Street to 7th Avenue; 2) subway station at Hudson, right where boat docks, take the 7 train 1 stop East to 42nd Street/Times Square; 3) jump in a taxicab.
12:30 to 2:45 p.m.
Free time in Times Square area – explore, shop and eat lunch. Several options to consider once in the area:
- Hard Rock Cafe (walk North on Broadway) 1501 Broadway, New York, NY 10036
- Joe’s Pizza (walk North on Broadway) 1435 Broadway, New York, NY 10018
- Public House (good beer selection and American standard food) 140 E 41st St, New York, NY 10017
- Rockefeller Center (several options) – 49th and 6th Ave.
- Bryant Park – between 5th and 6th Avenues, West 40th and 42nd Streets
- NYC Public Library – scene from Ghostbusters.
- NHL store – 1185 6th Ave, New York, NY 10036 (west of Broadway)
- NBA store (one block from NHL store) 545 5th Ave. – west of Broadway
- Levi’s Store – 495 Broadway – New York, NY, 10012
- Disney Store (North end of Broadway) 1540 Broadway, New York, NY 10036
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! (North end of Broadway) 234 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036
2:45 to 3:00 p.m.
Meet at Times Square Pickup location TBD
Board the bus for the return trip
Bus departs NYC for return trip
Arrive back to Philadelphia and the Skatium!
NYC Day Trip Leaders
Tom Bannister – (610) 247-1140 (m)
Joe Clifford – (267) 439-3902 (m)