“New York is a place where people go to reinvent themselves; Philadelphia is a place where people discover who they are.”
– Chef Peter McAndrews
We have a really fun day in Philadelphia planned for our Exchange participants!
“I love the dignity in the name Philadelphia, but at heart, we’re Philly.”
– Lisa Scottoline
Set for Monday, April 11 – you are going to get a peek of all the things that make Philadelphia the Philly we all love. The cost of $20 per person covers your round-trip bus ticket and our activities for the day.
Click here for the Philadelphia Scavenger Hunt
Please make sure to wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather that day. Bring your own money for lunch at the Reading Terminal Market.
Note: because we will be on and off a bus in the city throughout the day, and walking the streets, a parent chaperone is required on this trip.
Click here to RSVP and pay for the trip
“Oh Philadelphia freedom, shine on me, I love you”
– Elton John
Itinerary for the Day
- 10:15 a.m. Arrive at Holiday Inn – Drexelbrook for check in and to board the buses
- 10:30 a.m. Bus departs Drexelbrook for the drive to Philadelphia’s City Hall
- 11:15 a.m. Drop off at City Hall
- City Hall Courtyard
- Love Park
- Clothespin Sculpture
- 12:30 p.m. Walk to Reading Terminal Market; Lunch
- 2:00 p.m. Board Bus at Reading Terminal Market
- 2:15 p.m. Drop off at Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Pics at Art Museum Stairs
- Pics at Rocky Statue
- Pics at Eakins Oval/Washington Monument
- 3:15 p.m. Board bus at Art Museum Area
- 3:30 p.m. Visit Independence Visitor Center
- Pics at Independence Hall
- Pics at Liberty Bell
- Pics in Visitor Center & Gift Shop
- 4:45 p.m. Walk to Elfreth’s Alley, our nation’s oldest residential street, and continue on to Race Street Pier.
- 5:30 p.m. Board the buses at Race Street Pier for the ride back to Drexelbrook.
Jennifer McCarty (email@example.com)